12 C
Ljubljana
Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Rod Stewart and his son Sean’s court case is unlikely to go to trial, a US court has heard

Rod Stewart and his son Sean’s court case is unlikely to go to trial, a US court has heard. The pair’s lawyer has given a new update in a pre-trial hearing, Express reports.

Sir Rod Stewart, 75, and his son Sean, 40, have been charged with simple battery following an alleged incident involving security guard Jesse Dixon at a luxury hotel in Palm Beach on New Year’s Eve last year. Both men have pleaded not guilty.

Mr Dixon alleges Sir Rod and his son were part of a group that objected to being denied entry to a private party in a children’s area.

Sean is alleged to have got “nose to nose” with the security guard, while Rod is accused of punching him in the ribs.

Speaking in a brief Zoom hearing, Guy Fronstin, representing both Sir Rod and his son, said he has been in touch with prosecutors and the case is likely to be resolved before it reaches the trial stage.

He said: “We have been in communication with the state.

Share

Latest news

Related news