-7.3 C
Ljubljana
sobota, 16 januarja, 2021

Coronavirus: Slovenia’s Second Case Confirmed

A second case of novel coronavirus infection in Slovenia was confirmed Thursday, Health Minister Aleš Šabeder said, with the person having been in contact with the first patient, who had been detected on Wednesday.

Šabeder said as the health authorities called a press conference to speak about the first case that they had just been informed about a second case, adding that the second patient had been in contact with the first one.

The authorities are rushing to identify other persons who have been in contact with the man who was confirmed as the first COVID-19 case in Slovenia yesterday.

The Ljubljana physician who attended to the patient and sent him in an ambulance vehicle to the UKC Ljubljana hospital to be quarantined in a separate ward, has already been isolated.

The first infected person, identified only as a man aged about 60, had come to Slovenia from Morocco via Italy on a commercial flight on 29 February.

The National Public Health Institute (NIJZ) called on other Slovenian citizens who were on the AT938 Royal Air Maroc flight from Casablanca to the Marco Polo airport in Venice to be careful about signs of infection.

Nina Pirnat of the NIJZ said that the first patient had already had symptoms when he had arrived in Venice, which he had attributed to a recent injury in Morocco.

The man had used a shuttle van to come from Venice to Ljubljana and all persons who travelled with him in the aircraft and the shuttle van will be instructed to see an epidemiologist and get further instructions.

The shuttle operator GoOpti told the STA that a few other persons had travelled with the man, adding that the driver had already been tested and isolated. GoOpti director Marko Guček said that the driver was feeling well and had no signs of infection.

On the evening of the arrival to Slovenia, the first patient visited the Ljubljana emergency ward over the injury, and was then sent home, Pirnat said, adding that he had been in contact with many persons since.

Health Ministry State Secretary Simona Repar Bornšek added that, feeling unwell, the man had visited the community health centre in the south-western Ljubljana borough of Vič. He came unannounced, ignoring all protocols and instructions, she added.

Share

Latest news

SDS, SMC and NSi MPs demand the convening of an emergency meeting of the internal affairs committee due to the incompatibility of the function...

by Sara Rančigaj (Nova24TV) Members of Parliament from SDS, SMC and Nova Slovenija have submitted a request to convene an emergency session to investigate the...

Only a few minutes after the announcement that he will not contribute his signature to the constructive vote of no confidence in the government...

by J.S. Branko Simonovič sent an official statement to the media that he could not sign a constructive vote of no confidence. It seems that...

Aleksander Reberšek for Demokracija magazine: It is clear that KUL does not have a suitable candidate for Prime Minister

By: Gašper Blažič We spoke with NSi MP Aleksandar Reberšek, the deputy leader of the NSi parliamentary group. He joined the parliamentary group after the...

At the Šempeter hospital, the situation is getting worse due to new infections

By: Demokracija At the Wednesday’s re-testing of employees and patients at the internal medicine departments of the Šempeter Hospital, which has been threatened by an...

Related news

San Anto­nio Elec­tion Fraud­ster Arrest­ed for Wide­spread Vote Har­vest­ing and Fraud

by P.T. Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton today announced the arrest of Rachel Rodriguez for election fraud, illegal voting, unlawfully assisting people voting by mail,...

The pathetic overthrow of the government continues with a candidate who was not even elected as an MP: After an evening saga, Erjavec came...

By: Aleš Ernecl Yesterday's evening session of Karl Erjavec with the DeSUS parliamentary group in the National Assembly of the Republic of Slovenia was basically...

Crisis in the Italian government, a new center-right coalition possible

By A.S. Italian Conte coalition government, led by the alliance of the Five-Star Movement and the left-wing Democratic Party, has lost the majority in the...

Vaccination is crucial for life to go back to normal

By: gov.si The press conference on the latest situation regarding the Covid-19 disease was attended by Minister of Labour, Family, Social Affairs and Equal Opportunities,...

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Share