-1.6 C
Ljubljana
torek, 26 januarja, 2021

Soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo accused of obstructing sex assault investigation

A lawsuit accusing international soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo of obstructing a criminal investigation into claims of sexual assault leveled against him in 2009 was filed Thursday in Nevada District Court, records show.

 

The 31-page lawsuit also names a corporation and a group of John Does as defendants. In the lawsuit, they are referred to as the 33-year-old Portuguese soccer player’s “team of fixers” hired to bury the accusations, the complaint says. Ronaldo and the other named defendants allegedly “participated in the conspiracy to obstruct the criminal investigation and prosecution of Cristiano Ronaldo” for the alleged sexual assault.

The assault happened June 13, 2009, at a Las Vegas hotel, according to the criminal complaint. Public court records name the plaintiff in the new lawsuit as Kathryn Mayorga, who is being represented by attorney Leslie Mark Stovall. Stovall could not be reached for comment Saturday night. The two met the night before at a nightclub inside the Palms, the complaint said.

Last year, German magazine Der Spiegel uncovered documents revealing an out-of-court settlement between Ronaldo and the victim, who at the time was identified only as an American woman. The 2010 settlement is mentioned in the new lawsuit.

The complaint said that the previous private mediation, which happened in Las Vegas, was the result of Ronaldo and “his team” threatening to falsely and publicly implicate Mayorga in a false accusation in order “to obtain money” from the soccer player. Ronaldo was not present for the out-of-court negotiation, the complaint said.

Continue reading here!

Share

Latest news

Citizen of Kosovo smuggled a compatriot

By: C.R. On Sunday afternoon, police officers in Zabiče stopped a car driven by a 34-year-old Kosovo citizen with a residence permit in Austria. He...

It became intent and heated on RTV before the elections, because Igor Kadunc only sees himself as a suitable director

By: Sara Rančigaj /Nova24TV RTV Slovenija is becoming a real battleground for the occupation of the throne of the new director. There are three names...

Prime Minister Janša: Yesterday we discovered the first example of a new strain of covid19 in Slovenia, great caution will be needed

By: C. R. Prime Minister Janez Janša has announced that this week they will have to rethink about loosening up the measures. The state of...

The network

By: Dr. Matevž Tomšič Every time a political option comes to power in Slovenia that does not swear by leftist postulates and – more importantly...

Related news

Slovenia out of handball worlds after a draw with hosts Egypt

By: G.P., STA Slovenia are out of the World Men's Handball Championship as they played out a 25:25 draw with the hosts Egypt in the...

Biathlete Jakov Fak third in World Cup mass start event in Italy

By: H.L., STA Slovenia's Jakov Fak finished third in the men's Biathlon World Cup mass start to announce good form ahead of the Biathlon World...

Norway’s Kvandal win individual World Cup event in Ljubno

By: P.T., STA After Slovenia won the team Ski Jumping World Cup event for women on Saturday, Ema Klinec finished second in today's individual event...

World Rally Championship: Sebastien Ogier clinches record eighth Monte Carlo win

by A.P. Sebastien Ogier clinched a record eighth victory at Monte Carlo in the World Rally Championship's season-opening event. The Frenchman led by 13 seconds heading into...

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Share