By: Dr Vinko Gorenak
Dr Dominika Švarc Pipan – Google tells you that she is the vice president of the SD and at the same time a candidate for the SD MP. She became better known when Prime Minister Janez Janša visited Grosuplje last Saturday. His visit was announced in advance, it was clear that he would visit the SDS stand and meet with SDS members and supporters.
But other political parties running in the election also reacted. They set up their stalls in the same square. Janez Janša decided to visit other stands in addition to the SDS stand and meet with political competitors. Among them, he met and shook hands with the LMŠ candidate, who asked him if they can take a picture, which also happened. He also met and shook hands with the SD candidate.
But it was “different” (SD election slogan) when meeting with SD Vice President Dominika Švarc Pipan. Janez Janša also offered her a hand. But she did not want to shake his hand, and she did not.
You can see all of this in the two clips at the link below. The first link shows Janez Janša’s meetings with LMŠ and SD candidates, and the second video shows a scene of non-handshake with Dr Dominika Švarc Pipan. https://siol.net/novice/slovenija/posnetek-zaradi-katerega-bi-moralo-biti-sd-jevi-dominiki-svarc-pipan-posteno-nerodno-577010
After watching both recordings, I am saying some arguments and asking some questions to both Dr Dominika Švarc Pipan and Tanja Fajon.
- Shaking hands with anyone who offers you a hand is a matter of basic human etiquette – why do you not agree?
- As you can see, the negotiators of Ukraine and Russia are also shaking hands before the negotiations, but you do not want to shake hands with a man who is one of the founders of the independent state of Slovenia and is the three-time Prime Minister of the country where you live?
- It is known that Janez Janša was not in favour of electing the current US President, but this was not a reason for the US President not to shake his hand. Do you think you are something more?
- Pope John Paul II offered his hand in prison and shook hands with the man who tried to assassinate him and almost succeeded. What did Janez Janša do to you that you are not able to handle?
- The French President, the German Prime Minister, the Austrian Prime Minister, recently met with the Russian President, who is now likely to be declared a war criminal, with the aim of ending the war in Ukraine. They shook hands with him. What did Janez Janša do to you that you are not able to handle?
- Dr Dominika Švarc Pipan, you were born in 1978. During the war for Slovenia, you were 13 years old. Do you think it is normal and correct that you do not want to shake hands with a man who, together with others, enabled you to live in independent Slovenia?
- In three terms, Janez Janša met with several hundred foreign statesmen. How many have you met, Dr Dominika Schwartz Pipan?
- Janez Janša was the initiator of the visit of the Presidents of the Czech Republic, Poland, and Slovenia to Ukraine on March 15th, 2020. Your party opposed this at the time. Today, foreign statesmen travel to Ukraine en masse. How do you comment on that?
- In recent weeks, Janez Janša has been a regular guest on world-renowned and recognised TV stations such as CNN, BBC, Sky News, and some others. How do you comment on that? Why do you or your president Tanja Fajon not appear on these TVs?
- The penultimate question for you. What does Tanja Fajon think about all this? Maybe she is worried about you or supporting you?
- My last wish. Dr Dominika Švarc Pipan, you are my follower on the TW profile, I have never been your follower. Can I publicly ask you to stop following me on my TW profile? So, I will not block you because I am a Democrat, I am just asking you to stop following me.
Dr Vinko Gorenak is the State Secretary in the PV Cabinet, a former Member of Parliament and Minister of the Interior, a university professor, and a member of the SDS.