French Prime Minister Edouard Philippe on Tuesday presented to parliament the government’s detailed plan for gradually easing France’s strict lockdown.
Here’s what he had to say on everything from when shops will reopen to a limit on social gatherings.
Main points on what changes on May 11th:
- No permission slip needed after May 11th…
- As long as you are not travelling more than 100km from home
- Long distance travel allowed only for essential reasons
- France to carry out 700,000 tests a week after May 11th
- Those who test positive must be isolated for 14 days either at home or in special accommodation
- Masks will be made compulsory in some sectors, for example on the metro and in secondary schools
- Everyone working from home should continue to do so…